Welcome


Welcome to Renate's Baton. This blog is mostly for and about my choir, The York Region Community Choir.

But, While I'm holding the baton, I'm in charge. So, if I want to talk about other parts of my life, I will. :)

The choir itself is a community and I'm discovering that we have a lot in common with one another besides our love of music and singing.

When I go off on a tangent, there is always a crowd coming along. Join us!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Summertime and the Living is Busy? July Choir Update

Whoa! I haven't posted since when?
I'm sorry!
The end of our season was wonderful but busy, and now I've been working on planning for our winter season, and worrying about having an accompanist, and buying music on time, and I haven't taken any time to reflect and write here.
Our Joy Of Singing concert was fantastic! I heard from a good number of audience members that it was apparent that we enjoy singing, and that the joy and enthusiasm with which we performed made the evening most enjoyable! We sounded excellent! The music was great and everyone had a good time. Some people said it was our best concert ever!
I think our seniors' home tour was our best ever, too! We had tons of positive feedback, and we all felt uplifted from our visits singing with seniors.
We just keep getting better.
It's going to be hard to keep that up. It's going to be harder now that we're losing Sapphire. Sapphire gave notice that she wouldn't be renewing her contract for September, but understanding how hard it is to find someone new, she has offered to stay on part-time if necessary and to make recordings of our music if we need her to. She's so amazing! We are so luck to have had her for so long!
We have had a few leads for a new accompanist, and Lauren and I hope to interview people in the first 2 weeks of August.
Teija and I are working on the music for winter, and it will be fun and JOY-ful. We're continuing our joy of singing theme into the season of joy. We've found some fun new music and we'll bring back some favourites.
I'll post soon on our upcoming winter season.
I think about choir every Monday. Mondays are just Mondays without choir :-(
From September to June, I love Mondays. Now. Not so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment