We hope to see them all back next week!
Small Group at 6:30:
Jeremiah Joy to the World- listen to the recording a few times to get in the groove ;-)
Warm-ups: breathing, relaxing, opening up the throat
1. Canon of Joy: excellent! Remember to raise your eyebrows and bounce a bit on the joys, but to be smooth and sweet with the aahs, not taking big breaths at the same time-staggered breathing on the first couple of pages
2. We Wish You a Merry Madrigal: We learned the parts all the way to the 3/4 time section. Remember that the second fa-la-las are quiet but still bright and bouncy.
3. Carol of the Bells: New format. Last time we had lots of solos. This time we'll just be sure to do the gradual crescendo from pp to ff together, mostly. Everyone starts at bar 21. Solo at 9. Front row sopranos and altos start at 13, tenors at 17. We got to bar 33 and stopped there.
4. Why We Sing: Back to soloists: Trix and Stanley/ Peggy and Rob will do the beginning on Saturday.
5. African Noel: I've asked Marianna, Janet and the Kevins to accompany us on drums and percussion. Marianna started working on her Djembe. Fun!
6:30 Small Group: Jeremiah Joy to the World
- Carol of the Bells- starting at 33
- Do You Hear What I Hear - intro
- O Holy Night- awesomeness awaits
- We Wish You a Merry Madrigal- 3/4 section
- Winter Song- intro